The Timber Lakes Volunteer Fire Department is always looking for new, dedicated individuals to join its ranks. No matter your experience level, if you have an interest in serving your community and have a strong desire to help others in their time of need, then TLVFD is the place for you!
The fire department will provide all training necessary to meet your needs of what you want to do within our organization, whether it be fighting fires, operating the apparatus, or just a support role.
The steps to becoming a volunteer firefighter with TLVFD are as follows:
- Completion of an application with a criminal background check
- Must be 16 years old or older to be a Volunteer Firefighter
- 13 – 16 year olds can be a junior volunteer member if you have an active family member in the department
- Applicants are then presented to the membership for acceptance as a Probationary Member (Cadet)
- After being accepted, the Cadet will have a 90 day period, during which time the applicant must meet the minimum attendance and training requirements, work well with other fire fighters, gain a good knowledge of FD SOP’s and SOG’s.
- After the 90 day Cadet period, if the applicant has met the above requirements, the applicant is presented to the membership for acceptance as an Active Member.
- After being voted in as an active member, the applicant will enter a Probationary Firefighter phase and complete required training to earn certification through State Fireman’s and Fire Marshal’s Association to be an entry cleared firefighter.
- After becoming an entry cleared firefighter, members may participate in the department’s compensation program and work scheduled shifts for $50/shift.
- After one year of membership, the department may assist members with obtaining TCFP and EMT certifications
Thanks for your interest in volunteering with the Timber Lakes Volunteer Fire Department
For the fastest response, please complete the form and a member of our team will be in touch.
If you are interested in volunteering but unsure if this is the right move for you, please stop by the fire station on a Monday night and visit with the firefighters to see what it is this department has to offer.